Texas Pete hot sauce accident

0

Texas Pete hot sauce accidentally lodged inside patient’s rectum after “a fall”. A man in his fifties was brought to the emergency room with a bottle stuck in his rectum with an explanation: ‘You must hear this all the time but really, I slipped and fell on it. I can’t believe it either.’ The majority of cases of rectal foreign bodies are the result of insertion during erotic activity. Typically found objects are vibrators, dildos, light bulbs, candles, shot glasses, and bottles. Some rectal foreign bodies may have been initially swallowed but later present with complications in the rectum. Patients may be very embarrassed to disclose the circumstances regarding the foreign body insertion, and there may have been multiple attempts at self-removal.

Typical clinical findings of a rectal foreign body are pain with defecation, abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, pruritus, and constipation. Delays in seeking medical attention and multiple attempts at self-removal can lead to mucosal edema and muscular spasms, making removal of the object more difficult.

Source: IG@medicalpedia

World Hepatitis Day 2021

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here